This trophy was donated in 1985 to the Victoria Magic Circle by Bill Wansbrough for presentation annually to the Club magician(s) who presents the best comedy act at a function organized by the Victoria Magic Circle.
- Competitors will perform during the first part of the Mirth and Magic Stage Show or, if this is not held, at a Wacky Wednesday.
- There must be a minimum of three participants for a valid competition.
- Competitors must be members in good standing of the Victoria Magic Circle.
- Acts will be planned not to exceed eight minutes.
- The members of the audience will be the judges for the competition. They will receive a ballot form with the names of the competitors. At the finish of the competition they will be asked to tear off from the ballot form the name of their choice for the best comedy act and to drop it into a ballot box.
- Ballots will be counted by an assigned member of the Club. The competitor with the most ballots will be announced as the winner at the end of the show.
- While there are many forms of humour including those related to the allied arts such as ventriloquism and clowning, competitors should understand that the trophy is for COMEDY MAGIC so that magic must be given appropriate emphasis in their acts. Also, the audience will likely include young folk as well as adults so good taste must be used in the selection of material.
|2017||David J Attwood|